Monday, August 20, 2012

Buffalo, Wyoming ... gotta see a Dentist

We left Greybull and headed to Buffalo around 10 am.  At first it was your basic Wyoming desert that I am so familiar with along I-80.  Then the terrain started to change as the red rocks we had seen yesterday started to show, and the road became a bit mountainous after we passed the small town of Ten Sleep. 
The redness did not stay within all the rocks, but it sure contrasted against the green of this field. (above)
 The landscape was a pleasant surprise to both of us.

 The road follows the Ten Sleep river for much of the mountainous route until the summit, which reaches just shy of 10,000 feet.

 We had some switchbacks, and the road was a bit narrow for a large motor home, but we have driven worse.  And to think, this is the easier of the three routes!
 Below is one of the many turnouts that you can take to enjoy the view, or allow others to pass. We stopped for 10-15 minutes a few times just to enjoy the view and relax a little.

 

 The views lasted all the way to Buffalo...



We arrived at the Indian Campground RV Park around 3 pm.  This park is much nice than the one we were at in Greybull, and the park is about 65% full. 


I am not sure how long we are going to stay here....while in Yellowstone, I started to have a problem with my mouth.  Our gum of choice is Mentos, and I normally have two.  I put them in the back, right of my mouth, like normal, but this time I felt a pain.  By the end of the day, the pain in the tendon of the jaw was so bad that I could not open my mouth all the way.  The next day was worse....and that was moving day to Greybull.  Bottom line, now that we are in Buffalo and it is a Monday, we can see a dentist.  I have not had much sleep the past two days, I cannot shut my mouth due to swelling and I can't open it all the way due to the hurt to the tendon...it seems that the gums are infected now.  Anyway, I am sure the treatment will start with getting the infection under control first.  We might be here for awhile, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID