Saturday, September 14, 2024

To Tehachapi California

 

It was a toss-up as to if we dry camped, or get into a campground at Tehachapi.  I decided on the latter.  Here we are in spot #1, 25' (little more like 28' in my opinion), and all we hooked up was electricity.  We dumped our tanks at the rest area in Tulare...when we got to the Flying J just north of Bakersfield I found that the container that holds the sewer hose had come open and we lost our hose out on highway 99.  

I KNEW this was something that other owners had complained about, and I thought having a clip on it, which you can see in the bottom right of the holder, would prevent this from happening.  Apparently I was wrong.  I will need to be more prudent to be sure the cap is on properly, and then clip it.  Thank goodness they have a Walmart here in Tehachapi, so we are good to go. The new hose is only 10' long, not 12' or 15' like the one that came with it, so it should be easier to put the lid on the storage container.

The backup camera sure makes it easy to backup into spots like this...


Here is a panoramic view of the north side of Highway 58 in Tehachapi.  You can see the smoke which has been very prevalent from before Fresno all the way here.  Normally you can see the mountains to the east as you travel Highway 99...not today.


We are at the Mountain Valley RV Park, a 27 site campground which can hold rigs as big as 60+ all the way down to the one we are in which they claim is for no larger than 25'.  The price is $43 with the AARP discount. There is an Airport right next to the property, but it has no lights and is for small planes, so no noise from there at night.  It is a very quiet park, especially since the train tracks are over by Highway 58.  Tomorrow....Wickenburg is our destination.

And the answer is YES...Indy misses her Aunt and Uncle and the green grass of the backyard there in Citrus Heights.


 

6 comments:

  1. I'm on my way out to check my hose container door. I've heard of the same problem from many folks. It must be the vibration of the road that makes it come undone. I'm always in a hurry to get it dumped and out of the way for the next guy. LOVE the backup camera. I haven't seen or smelled any smoke here, but I guess there are more fires south of me. Safe travels. BTW I love that little campground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, trying to get out of the way for the next person was my downfall...I figured I could check it at the Flying J about 20 miles down the road...oh well

      Delete
  2. Drive carefully…! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID