Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Wedding Delay ... Sort Of


Got a text from my youngest child Ryan yesterday...the wedding has to be delayed for another year.  However, he and Kaelyn are going to elope in July, and then have a formal wedding ceremony a year later.  This is how it is in these times of abnormal...

So Marcia and I are going to head right out to California, and save our northern route until after the wedding next year...or before the wedding next year, depending upon how we do things next year.

I thought I was going to share a map of our trip up to Cleveland, then over to Indiana, up through Michigan and across the top of the state, down through Montana into Wyoming, through Utah and across to Sacramento.  Instead, we are headed from Florida to Sacramento, part of the route being new to our RV travels as we cut through a smaller section of Texas.

Due to the hot weather, we will be staying in RV parks each night until we reach California.  Near Lone Pine we will either boondock in the Alabama Hills, or, if it is too hot, find a RV park to stay at near Lone Pine.  If all goes well...we will spend a few nights at one of our favorite National Forest Parks outside of Truckee before continuing on to the HOT Sacramento Area.

Not sure what day we will be leaving, but our plans are for next week, perhaps Tuesday or Wednesday.  Don't know who is happier...us (Marcia and Dave) or Bubba.  (Not bad for a going on 17 year old dog!)



5 comments:

  1. He's a tough one that Bubba!! It's amazing he has lived this long. Must be a record!! I have to ask ... what do you use to plan your trips? I'm headed to Colorado fairly soon and I sure could use something like that! Safe travels!! Keep your AC going!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google has two map programs, the normal Google Maps, and then there is "My Maps", I do our trips in My Maps. First I figure the route, then I add another layer and "pin" the spots where I plan to stay. I will also be adding gas stations, and those pins will be another color. I share the map with Marcia and she can see where we are going. Each day I plug into my GPS the various stops for that day.

      Delete
  2. You have to be more than ready to hit the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right! The last time we were around 'home' this long was when our motorhome was lost in the storage fire back in 2014.

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID