Monday, June 15, 2020

Off and Running in the Morning

It takes so much time and energy to clean up, load up, and get ready to go.  I look at it like driving across the country...just one mile at a time. 

Seven days ago Ryan told me that he and Kaelyn were probably going to reschedule their wedding.  A day later he confirmed that they had reschedule for July 2021, and Marcia and I immediately committed to leaving for California ASAP, which meant about a week.  There is a lot to do, but we will only do so much each day...

We each made a list of what needed to be done.  By tonight (Monday) our lists are nearly complete.  I went to the motorhome just about every day for a few hours.  On Saturday I completed a few more minor maintenance tests, and turned on the Fridge.  I knew from a few days earlier that the Fridge worked, and it worked just fine on Saturday too. On Sunday I gave it a good washing (amazing how dusty/dirty it gets sitting in storage), and moved it over to the RV Park right by us.  There I plugged it in, made sure that everything worked...especially the AC.  Today I started by taking the vacuum over and did a major inside cleaning.  Upon my return we then loaded up Marcia's clothes and some of the bathroom items, and she was amazed at how clean everything looked.  Upon our return I loaded up the freezer.  Next I loaded up the pantry, along with a few miscellaneous items.  Finally the fridge, and then my clothes.  Somewhere in the middle of this I also gave Bubba a bath.  I wish I can say that Bubba is so anxious to leave and get to Sandy and Arny's house...but Bubba is Bubba.  He won't get excited until we pull into their neighborhood, at which point he will go NUTS!

HERE'S BUBBA BEING EXCITED

If all goes well, we will be in the panhandle of Florida tomorrow night...and perhaps we might have a picture or two. 

8 comments:

  1. How exciting to be back on the road. It always makes me SO nervous. There's a lot to get done with the packing. Bubba looks completely happy!!! Safe travels. Looking forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, and YES, it takes a day or so to get use to the sounds and feel of driving a motorhome. So exhausted from all the work, especially since a few days were in the 90's with 75-80% humidity. YUCK!

      Delete
  2. Safe travels. Looking back, I remember when not fulltiming but still RVing all the prep work to travel. Even worse is unloading when back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that unloading once home is easier because you are not under a deadline to 'get it done'...bring it in, put it in a room and get to it later. :)

      Delete
  3. I remember all the prep work getting ready for a trip before we went Fulltime.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the heat and humidity of summer in Florida it adds that little bit more of a challenge.

      Delete
  4. I bet it will feel good to get your wheels rolling again!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID