Friday, June 19, 2020

Mouse Loose in the Motorhome

As we were getting ready to leave this morning around 7:30, Marcia had us looking for a mouse which she swears she had seen.  Of course Bubba is just no help with this at all, but perhaps if Skruffy was still alive she could have smelled it out.  No luck in catching the mouse, and we leave.  But I am so rattled, I take a left out of the RV Park instead of a right.  A mile down the road I find an area to make a U-Turn, and a few minutes later we are entering US 287 headed for Amarillo, Texas.  I HATE it when I make a wrong turn like that, it just isn't me...must have needed more coffee.  Found out later that the GPS would have lead me right to the Highway had I turned left on Highway 101...but I decided to make a U-Turn...but we got to the highway.

I went to left coming out of park...should be a right.

We get down the highway about 3 miles, and come upon a wreck which had just happened.  No emergency vehicles on site as we go through, did not appear anyone was hurt, and until I saw the pickup's front passenger's side all messed up, and debris on the road, I thought it was just someone with a flat tire.  Less than a mile later we see emergency vehicles on the way headed south (we are headed north).  It then dawns on me...  "Marcia, had we not been looking for that mouse, and I had not made the wrong turn, that could have been "US" in that wreck back there!"  What a way to start the day, huh???


Seeing this little beauty driving along the frontage road to our right was a bit of a highlight of our day.  The roads veered off from each other, so we did not get a better picture than this.

About 30 miles down the road we pulled over at a picnic area (Texas has a bunch of these picnic areas) and we grabbed some breakfast...and looked for the mouse a bit more.  In fact, every time we stopped we both instinctively looked for that mouse.


This is much of what we were looking at most of the ride, along with a half dozen little towns that we had to slow down going through.  If you look closely, you can see a few electric producing windmills along this area.


One thing we did see were a number of RVs traveling along the road, most of them 5th Wheels and Trailers, but there was one or two motorhomes.  At our second stop, I found the mouse...


... Yep, the mouse loose in the Motorhome was Marcia's Computer Mouse.  And I DID not find her mouse, I had a spare mouse, brand new, which she is currently using.  The old mouse was still on the loose.


We decided that the 280+ miles we drove to get to Amarillo was enough.  Got gas at a Flying J, and headed over to AOK RV Park, another Passport America park at $14 per night.  Nothing fancy, but have a nice view out our front windows.


Well, ok, it is a golden field with UFO's flying over it.  WELL, ok, not a UFO, but an Airplane.  Good news, I finally found the lost mouse wedged between Marcia's chair and her door jam support.  Had I not used my little flashlight, I would have missed it as it blended in with the door jam area.  It never hit the floor, so when I looked earlier (at a rest stop) I did not see it.


Yep, it looks like a storm is brewing up.  Out here in the upper panhandle of Texas in June means that the Thunder Storm just might include ...


HAIL!!!!


Thought that large one was hail, but it was a rock.


My shoe gives you a better idea of how large the hail was.  It was all over in about 5 minutes.  Until 15 minutes later more hail, along with rain, came...and that hail was even larger, but melted before the rain let up for me to get pictures.  And then, another round of hail came.  The last two storms lasted twice as long as the first.  It was SO LOUD as it hit the roof of the motorhome.  Thank goodness I did not see any damage to the motorhome or the car.  The winds gusts were up to 60 mph, but were short lived.  As a result..the temps dropped from near 90 down to the mid-60's.  I think we will both have a good sleep tonight, no need for running the AC all night long.  Oh, and here comes round four...hope this doesn't have hail.



4 comments:

  1. Hahaha you had me there!! Glad the mouse was located. Sometimes I think the same thing ... I'm probably behind this super slow truck because SOMEONE is keeping me from an accident. I get less frustrated that way. That weather? No thank you. I'm sure that hail would have broken my skylights!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just couldn't help it...but EVERYTHING I said about the mouse was factual...except the part about Skruffy sniffing it out, she could only do that with a real mouse. lol

      Delete
  2. Things happen for a reason...don't fight it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEVER fight it! Wasn't the first time, won't be the last time.

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID