Saturday, April 8, 2023

Needles California

 


There always seems to be certain places that we seem to stay at every time we in that area.  Fender's RV Resort/Park in Needles, California is one of them.  Since 2015 we have stayed here at least seven times.  It is not a great park, it is more out of convenience and price (Passport America just under $20).  It is an easy drive from Phoenix (although the highway at times felt like we were in the Yukon again).  If we are coming across I-40, which we have a few times, it is just over 500 miles from Albuquerque...a distance I don't like to drive any more.  But from Winslow it is not that bad either.  From here we typically stay at Bakersfield, then up to Sacramento area.The first time we stayed here there was about 35 sites and 8 motel rooms.  

Then they bought the park next door, and now they have about 140 sites and 8 motel rooms.  We always stay in the front by the motel rooms so that we don't have to unhook.  Today we came in during lunch break, so we just went to our normal site and waited until the office opened again.  When the young lady got back from lunch, she quickly found me in the computer, and shortly after I was walking out the door to our site...the one I pulled into.  (To be honest, a person affiliated with the park told me it would be ok to pull into our normal site).

We have had a relaxing afternoon, and after Blue Bloods, which is from 9-10 here, we will be calling it a night.  Only 560 miles to go, and Bakersfield is right around the half-way point.


4 comments:

  1. Nice to have an familiar park to stop at and rely on. Sounds like they are very friendly and accommodating there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are friendly. One lady came by as I was waiting for the office to open and told me that if we stayed till Sunday they were having a huge BBQ party for everyone...wish we had the time.

      Delete
  2. I have looked at that park a few times, but not stayed there. I need something in the Barstow area so I'm not driving for 8 hours. FYI I haven't driven the freeway through Merced in 3 months ... it was AWFUL previously, so go slow. Atwater however ... all new wide finished freeway. You won't believe it!!! Wave as you go through!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harder to want to to to Needles if you stop at Q for a visit. Because we stay at Lake Pleasant, going this route works out well. The road from Phoenix to I-40 is a bit rough at times, other times it is wide (2 lanes each way) and smooth. I-40 is I-40 with good spots and bad spots...especially right after Kingman it is rough.

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID