Saturday, April 22, 2023

Good Bye Covid, Hello Lingering Cough

 

I don't know ANYONE who LOVES to be SICK.  It is just not much fun.  About the most fun I have ever had being sick was in 1964 when the Olympics were being played in France.  I had the flu, and as I recovered I watched the Olympics on a small TV (like a 5" by 3.4" screen) right there at my bedside.  THAT I enjoyed, even though I was sick as a dog.  This COVID crap, nope, no fun at all!

It has been four days since my last blog.  I have been well for the past two days, and feeling very good today...if you define 'very good' as being tired, exhausted, having a persistent cough, and feeling like you're in a brain fog.  Today is Marcia's first day of feeling well.  She is constantly a couple days behind me with this.

We both had a temperature while being sick with COVID.  Mine was a bit higher and lasted longer than Marcia's did.  I hit 101.5 at one point, but Theraflu and Advil brought it right down.  Our sore throats were about even, but her ears hurt much more than mine did, and is her biggest pest right now.  Thank goodness, neither of us found anything sneaking into our lungs.  Even the cough we both have comes from our throat, and not our lungs.

Indy the champ through all of this.  She KNEW we were sick, and as I recovered, she spent her attention on Marcia.  She is such a good little girl, until my brother Jim, sister-in-law Carol, or Niece Kathryn goes by, or she sees them in the kitchen window...then she turns into a little devil girl.  On the other hand, when her cousin Parker or her 'new to her' cousin Cocoa is out in the yard, she is just a happy little girl playing with her little doggie cousins.

Tomorrow we celebrate Mom's 93rd birthday, which technically is a few days away still.  I will sit in my camping chair near the door, Marcia will sit in the Motorhome and come up to the door now and then.  I doubt either of us are contagious anymore, but why risk it.  Of course I am especially looking forward to Arny's BBQ of Tri-Tips...I am so TIRED of soup and broth!!! 

As for this cough...I am afraid it will be with us for a few weeks.  I have it under control at times, then it hits like a female dog in heat...nothing seems to stop it.


6 comments:

  1. Good to hear you on the road to recovery. According to the "experts" you should no longer be contagious, but you are right, why take chances with someone who is high risk. Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore a mask two days ago while out at a store, did not do so today. First time I had a mask on for nearly a year. I feel good, but my mind is still a bit foggy.

      Delete
  2. So glad you both are recovering. The only thing that helped my cough was walking outside until I thought I couldn't breathe any more. I was really puffing hard even on level ground ... but it cleared everything out and the coughing went away quickly. Take care and Happy Birthday MOM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you feel like you took 3 steps forward, and 2 steps back with this sickness.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! Hope the cough goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, doing so much better for both of us. Hope you two are doing well.

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID