Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Lake Pleasant - Roadrunner Campground

 

This is our forth or fifth time we have been at Lake Pleasant just north of Phoenix.  The picture above was from our 2019 visit, as is the one below.

Yes, I/we took pictures, but without a photo editing program I can not make the physical size of the picture small enough so that Blogger will let me publish.  I plan on downloading Photoshop Elements once I am in the Sacramento area, and sometime, I hope, I will publish some of these pictures.

It was a very easy 160 mile drive.  My biggest concern was getting gas, but there was a Pilot right at the freeway entrance when we left the Fairground RV Park.

Check-in at the campground starts at 1:00 pm, and we arrived before 1:30.  We have a nice wide spot, level enough that we don't have to use our level ramps, and Indy has two or three dogs nearby to keep her attention...however, each dog is four times her size, but that doesn't stop her one bit.

I enjoyed using their showers...nice and clean, parking right in front of the facility, if only when you pushed the on button it would give you more than 30 seconds of water.

It will be nice to not have to get up in the morning at any particular time, and to have a relaxing morning and day.  We have been on the road for seven straight days...it has been exhausting.  

We meet Laurie for dinner at 4:00, and Indy won't like that...perhaps I can find a dog movie to keep her occupied.


5 comments:

  1. I love those days when you have to do absolute nothing!!! The flowers are in bloom around the lake ... other friends just came from there. Maybe a snack for Indy would work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually have a TV Channel here in Phoenix area called FidoTV...we will just leave that on the TV turned up a bit louder than we normally have the TV. I have left treats for her before and come home to find them uneaten...until we get home and then she will eat them.

      Delete
    2. Well that's news to me. FidoTV ... I'll check it out.

      Delete
  2. What is it about small dogs and thinking they can take on anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time while still the Director of the Library I was leaving one Saturday evening with Skruffy and across the parking lot on the street was a horse drawn carriage with a Bride and Groom in it with a driver. Ole Skruffy took off like a bat out of hell...got about 1/2 way there, saw how BIG these horses were, and stopped, barked, and turned back towards me. About six steps later she turns around and gives them all one last huge BARK, like "I told you so!" type of attitude. I figure they were 70 yards away, and as she got closer they got larger and lager in her eyes. Thank goodness the library was closed, parking lot empty, as was the street (except for the Carriage).

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID