Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Live Writer Works Again!!!

Many people who blog on Blogger use Live Writer to do their posts in, then post to Blogger.  One thing is that posting pictures is easier, and gives one more latitude.  For instance, in Liver Writer, you can do this:

1a     1b
In Blogger’s writer it looks like this:



Both will allow you to pick sizes for pictures....Blogger has five options,  small, medium (which is what these picture are), large and X-large, along with "original size".  Live Writer's sizes are basically unlimited....you just click on the picture, grab a corner and make it larger or smaller. It is easy to put in a border too, and I have not found how to put in a boarder with blogger's editor.  Live Writer also easily allows for picture to be side-by-side, and allows for tables, and allows for quicker linking...the list goes on and on. 

Don’t know why, or for how long Google, who owns Blogger, will allow Live Writer to continue to work.  My guess is that many blogs have gone from Blogger to Wordpress, and they gave in for now…probably until Microsoft allows Live Writer to become OpenSource and the security the Google wants is created for Live Writer.  Microsoft has pretty much washed their hands with Live Writer from what I have read.


We are still in Oregon...rain today and travel just wasn't in the cards.  Will be back in Sacramento tomorrow for awhile.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that they fixed it. I've been trying different post editors and haven't found anything that matches Live Writer's versatility. I even played around with my blog on Wordpress but Blogger has so many more options for customizing blogs that I'd hate to move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just hope this isn't a "we are giving Microsoft a few months to comply" type of thing...

      Delete
  2. Sure is great news for we Live Writer fans. It was the very thing you mentioned about the sizeing of photos that bugged me most about Blogger. Blogger's way of sizing left little creativity for blog structure. Yaaaaay to the people whoever they are that finally fixed the problem:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used live writer...will take a look at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I also like about it is that you are not "online" all the time that you are putting your blog post together...which, if you are using an aircard, or don't have a connection but have the time to write up a blog, is very handy.

      Delete
  4. So glad to have LiveWriter back. I wonder if they just might change their minds about supporting it. That would sure be wonderful. We have had rain rain and more rain. Looks like everyone is getting it but California where they really need it. They can sure have ours. The slugs are everywhere.......Eewwww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was raining in Oregon, but not down here in California where they need it. Looks like we will be driving around Northern Cal in June, perhaps into July, I just hope we don't find ourselves stuck in a fire area. Normally the bad fires come in September, but the last few years they came much earlier.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I kind of look at WordPress -vs- Blooger the same as those who like Windows -vs- those who like Macs. Once you learn and use one of them, changing is hard to do since you already know the one. I am a BIG Windows person....I know a lot about windows, have set up a windows network with 100 computers on it, have used Windows since version 2.0, but especially since 3.0+. I have tried to use a Mac many times, and feel LOST...and since I don't like to feel lost (especially driving) I tend to stick with what I got. Used Blogger for over a year before I started to use Live Writer. It sure made blogging so much easier, that's for sure....imaging WordPress without Live Writer...that's what we have been going through.

      Delete
  6. I just go to my BlogSpot blog page, and do my writing, etc. and post it. Why do people use Live Writer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live Writer is good when one posts many pictures because it is a) easier, b) more freedom as to size, c) more freedom as to location, d) can post two or more pictures side-by-side, and e) you can put a frame around the picture. Live Writer allows one to write their blog without having the Internet ... then when you do have the Internet, you can "post" it to blogger. There are more reasons, but those two are the most important ones in my opinion...pictures and ability to be off-line.

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID