Monday, August 22, 2022

Home 'Sweat' Home

No Pictures of the final leg of our trip...we have both driven US-19 SO MANY TIMES that we just forgot to take any pictures.  We left Marianna around 7:30, and got to Holiday Florida (280 miles) around 2:30.  We stopped at a rest area near Perry to pack up our clothes and bathroom stuff into plastic bags so that we can get them into the Condo as quickly as possible.  There is a grocery store parking lot near us where I packed up the freezer and some of the fridge.  I came inside to turn the AC down, turn on the water, and the hot water heater.  Just our luck, the AC was not working...the compressor was going, but no air flow.  I put out a ASAP call to our AC guy.  We parked on our street, unloaded a bunch of stuff, and by 4:00 I was ready to move to the RV Park near us.  Our AC guy called and was out on a call just a few miles away from us, and he was headed to our place.  He said we needed a new fan motor, and he had one in his van.  I drove us over to the RV Park, hooked up electricity, and I headed back to the Condo.  He already had the new motor in, and the AC was running!  Went back to the RV where Marcia and Indy were staying cool, and we waited about 90 minutes as the condo started to cool.  Got dinner at the store on our way back to the condo.  We were so tired, yet there was so much to do we had to force ourselves to say ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

Saturday I only made two trips to the RV, which is a 1/2 mile away with only 1/5th of that way being on public roads, to get more stuff. The rest of the day we continued to put stuff away.    Sunday was getting our hang-up clothes, our pantry, and clean the inside of the motorhome.  The rest of the time was finishing putting away all of the stuff we brought in, and Marcia also worked hard on washing laundry.  Did I mention that it was near 90 degrees, with humidity that made it feel more like 100.  The lows at night are only in the upper 70's, so it was hot all day long.  I could ring out the sweat from my shirt.

The HHR worked ok during all of that.  Today was suppose to be moving the motorhome into storage...but that did not happen.  The storage lot we normally use has been sold.  I would normally send a text to Jim, the previous owner, and he would answer back, assign me a spot, and I would pay when I put the RV into the lot.  After 24 hours with no text back from Jim, I called...the answering machine was different, and I could not make out the name of the RV Storage Facility that was mentioned on the machine.  I looked it up, and indeed Jim had sold it.  Looks like he was asking over $7 million, I hope he got it.  (The new owner did call me today 5:30, but by then I had made other arrangements.)   Next was a storage lot near our pharmacy, which was started about 2 years ago.  At 1:15 I drove over there to find that although there is RV Storage, the main building, which is used for job training and life training, was being totally remodeled, and I could not find a 'worker' outside of construction people on the premises.  Last time I picked up our meds from the Pharmacy, I saw at least eight people who work there on the premises.  Never did get a response to the message I left yet.  Once the remodel is finished, I am sure they will be more responsive. 

Today the HHR acted up all day...I was able to restart it, but it was running very rough.  On the way back to the condo from the pharmacy area, I drove by the old Moose Lodge, where they also have some RVs in storage.  Found a person who provided me a phone number, and BINGO, we have secured a place to put it tomorrow...and it is right next door to where we live!  Bad thing, it will be stored on grass and not gravel or concrete like I would prefer.  Our neighbor Mary drove me over to Palm Harbor so that I could sign and pay for the storage.  I hope it works out for us...there is a locked gate, which I have a key to, between the Condos and the old Moose Lodge...it is that close.

And then there is Indy.  When she first got into the condo, she ran all over.  Very quickly she wanted to go out back.  I thought she needed to do her business...but she just ran back and forth on her leash, and wanted back inside.  She was an ecstatic little girl...I think she was just happy to NOT be traveling anymore.  She LOVES when we stop and she gets to get out and smell other dog scents.  Once the motorhome starts moving, she gets in her bed and will stay there for the majority of the day.  After awhile she will get on one of the reclining chairs, but she rarely gets up on Marcia's lap, and only for very short time spans, like a minute or two.  Indy sees all the work we are doing, and she would rather have a bit more time with us than us doing work...that will happen soon, and then all will be back to normal.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow how things change when you're gone. You were sure lucky to get your AC guy to show up!! And the storage .... good grief .. I would have sold it too! Lucky you found a spot so close. Just put either pavers or 2x10's under the wheels. Cooper is the opposite ... he didn't want to go in the house the last time. No telling what will happen THIS time!! Glad you are home safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woke up last night with a vision...well, moment of inspiration...pertaining to the parking of the motorhome. That will be in my next blog. :)

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID