Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Card Time


Remember the days when a good portion of a day was devoted to sending out Christmas Cards?  When I was the Director of the Public Library System in Pine Bluff, Arkansas I typically sent out about 60-75 cards each year.  One for each staff member with a small message, sometimes a longer message for special staff members, one for each of the 11 Library Board Members with a short to long message, and up to a dozen or so to special members of the community.  I was the editor of my Rotary Club, so I included a Christmas Message "from the editor" in the weekly newsletter, which covered those 60 people.  But the time it took to send out those 60-75 paper Christmas Cards took many hours….and I always did it, not a secretary, not a staff member, not one of my family members….it was from me, so I made sure it really was from me.

image

Well, the Internet has made life much easier.  We have a special Christmas Card for all of our followers….just click to view our Christmas Card to you. 

We have membership with two different sources for our online cards, BlueMountain.com and jacquielawson.com.  When we send a card for the first time to someone, we send them a separate email ahead of time so that they will look for the card.  Both of these sites will send out a “picked up” email to the sender so that you know if your eCard was read or not.  It is a good, safe way to share a Christmas Greeting while you travel, or even if you just don’t want to spend a full day writing out all of those cards.  It is also great for Birthdays, Anniversaries, Graduations, Get Well Soon, well, I think you have the picture.


Marcia and I are Christians…we believe that Christmas is a Christian Holiday to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior.  We also recognize that the Jewish Faith celebrates Hanukkah, and that non-believers celebrate the "Season for another Reason", and that others don’t celebrate it at all.  We respect each and everyone for their beliefs.  But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.  (Joshua 24:15)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Dave: I'll open the card after I finish this comment. I have both Blue Mountain and Jacquie Lawson and have used them for years. I'd really like to find one special card that would work for all religions. After all, Christmas and Hanukkah, I think, happen closely to each other for a reason. Now there's also Kwanzaa in January, I think. For purposes of our wonderfully free culture I like to think of this time of year as simply a time to be grateful and love one another and the Lord, whatever one may call Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd comment: What a lovely card and wish. Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dave and Marcia and Bubba and Scruffy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you Dave and Marcia and Skruffy and Bubba ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Dave! Hope you, Marcia, Skruffy, and Bubba have a joyous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. And a very joyous and blessed Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and thoughtful wishes. May you all experience a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a very beautiful and gorgeous card! The Christmas card messages are also heartfelt and heartwarming. Very nice. May you have a great celebration this holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID