YES, we are HOME in Florida! Give me a few days to unpack, acclimate back to summer high temps and normal high humidity (it is midnight and currently 80 degrees with 90% humidity), and I will write a few blogs to fill in some huge gaps...including the trip back home.
Amazingly, we left Sacramento Area Sunday morning. Camped (free BLM land) the first night outside Ely Nevada where temps were comfortable...but the Ward Fire was blazing away just outside of Ely. I will share those dramatic pictures another day... The second night we stopped in Fruita Colorado where again, night time temps were comfortable. The third night we camped at Quinter Kansas (city park, free) where surprisingly, the temps were very comfortable, and our hamburgers from the DQ (Dairy Queen) were very very good. The fourth night we stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Alma Arkansas, just outside of Fort Smith, where we enjoyed a nice dinner with family, and suffered through our first night of high temps and humidity. Our last night we stopped at Cracker Barrel in Hattiesburg Mississippi after stopping in Pine Bluff (for those who forgot or did not know, I lived in Pine Bluff for nearly 23 years and was the Library Director there for most of those years) to visit with our good friend Jana who worked at the Library for much of my tenure. After a dinner that she cooked, we headed for a rest area in southeast Arkansas, but decided to continue, despite nightfall, to Magee Mississippi to sleep in a Walmart parking lot...but much to our surprise, they don't allow overnight parking at this Walmart (despite what RVParky says), so we continued on to the Cracker Barrel in Hattiesburg where it was midnight when we stopped for another muggy, hot night. Our sixth night was going to be in Tallahassee, but we decided that since we got to Florida early enough, we would continue to drive to our Condo (Home) and get some comfortable sleep. This trip was the quickest we had ever done between Sacramento and Florida.
Yes, I owe blogs dealing with...
Whoa that WAS a fast trip. I have to agree, I would rather drive in an air conditioned vehicle than sleep in one when it was too hot. Glad you made it safely!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancy. Hope all is well with you....maybe I will get caught up one of these days...
DeleteGreat that you made it home. Now for the rest of the story!!
ReplyDeletepatience grasshopper...it is mid nineties, humidity in mid 70's, and we are as tired as hell! lol
DeleteIt was wonderful having you guys stop by for a visit. Glad you're home safe.
ReplyDeleteLove Always reading and hearing about trips and safe return.❤️
ReplyDelete