Monday, March 7, 2022

Indy Gives an Update

 


Hello everyone, Indy here to give you an update on all the NOISE and PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW COMING IN BOTHERING ME, and the UNGODLY MESS WE HAVE AROUND HERE!  Mom is busy on her computer, dad is sound asleep, so I thought I would take this opportunity to "spill the beans" as to what is going on around here!

Umm, Indy.

Yes Dad...did I wake you up or something???

Indy, you are one smart dog.  "IF" I was asleep, who is typing this out on the computer???

I do have paws dad, and as you said, I am pretty smart...

I said smart, not a genius.  So please, try not to lie to our faithful readers, ok?

Ok Dad, now go back to sleep...


Most of you know that we have been having our cabinets and counter tops replaced, along with getting a new Microwave Oven.  Above you can see that the dishwasher has been put back in place, but it is not hooked up to the sewer, so it is not operational yet.  Dad did have them test it, and it worked.  The funny thing is that it did not work right at first, it was like there was no power to it.  They had to pull it part way out, and test the outlet and sure enough, no power.  Dad said to them, "I wonder if it is on the same breaker as the disposal is on?"  Sure enough, it was, and that breaker was turned off since the disposal is not in place right now.  After they left Dad turned to Mom and said, "I guess I made them earn their high salary this time, huh?"  Once the counter tops are put in, dad is going to install the disposal and hook up the sink himself...he is tired of paying plumbers wages for something he could do.  (He said that he did not feel confident removing the dishwasher because it is the drawer type by Fisher-Paykle.  Since the high priced plumbers struggled with it, he was glad he paid them to do it...and he wanted them to put it back in and test it just in case something went bad.)

 

In this picture above you can see the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS FOUND IN THE KITCHEN!  Do you see it yet???  Of course you do, MY FOOD AND WATER BOWLS!  Some of you "MIGHT" have thought I was talking about the new GE Microwave in the upper right...but nope, I am talking FOOD HERE, and now I don't even have to walk very far into the kitchen to get to my food!  Thank you Dad!!!

Are you getting tired yet Indy, or do you want to continue??

Go ahead Dad, it is all yours.  (for now...but you had better keep your eyes open!)

You did a GREAT job Indy, I think you told them just about everything having to do with the kitchen, except for WHEN the granite counter tops are suppose to be put in.  I am happy to say that they are SUPPOSE to be put in on Wednesday.  Fingers crossed on that one for sure!

With so many new shelves, we got the urge to fill them.  Or, perhaps, with the prospect of future increases in food prices on the way, we just wanted to have ample food on hand when we return from our annual motorhome trip.  After spending $300 at Sam's Club, we are off to a good start.  What isn't shown are the three large Oatmeal boxes which are packed away in our spare room, which we intend to store our Paper Goods and a few food items in.



 
I plan on going back for a few more items before we leave.

 

With EVERYTHING going on around here, Indy has crashed a few times into a deep sleep.  Uncle Mike has been by twice, once to move an electrical box and the second time to install the microwave with a little assistance from me.  The Plumbers have been by twice.  The demolisher was here one day, the installer was here two days, the Granite Man has been by once to measure and will be back on Wednesday.  On top of that, the Condo had its annual Termite inspection, more than once there has been a knock on our door by the Condo staff for this and that...and with each visit, Indy releases...and for the demolisher and installer, her growling went on and on and on and ...   I have taken her to the Dog Park every week, sometimes twice in a week.  So when I saw her laying on the couch next to me dreaming of a lush backyard full of squirrels and birds and Aunt Sandy and Uncle Arny and sometimes cousin Parker and Aunt Patti, and we can't forget Grandma too, with her pet squeaky squirrel (with chew stick attached) laying on top of her, I just HAD to take the shot.

I AM GOING TO BE SOOOOOOO HAPPY WHEN THINGS GET BACK TO NORMAL AROUND HERE DAD!

Yes Indy, we feel the same way...but don't get too use to it, we will be back on the road in about a month from now!

Oh GOOOOOODIE GOOOOODIE!  I can't wait to get my morning Arny Treat and my afternoon Sandy Treat...and I miss my cousin Parker and my next-door neighbor friend Jack!

6 comments:

  1. It's always such a pain to do remodeling, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Nice stash you have there!! It's going to be SO NICE when it's done!!! Good dog Indy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting the hours now...lol It has been difficult, but it will be well worth it. The strangest thing is washing dished in the bathroom sink...well, outside of the two days of having the Starbucks in the bathroom. (But you know, it is very common to have coffee machines in the bathroom area of Hotel/Motel rooms, but it just isn't the same here.)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Can't wait till it is finished and we get settled back in again. Thanks, hope you and Tony are doing well.

      Delete
  3. Indy is a genius! The kitchen looks great. Good idea stocking up, who knows what the future holds for us. Looking forward to seeing those counter tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know about genius status, but she sure is a Loving and Protective little girl. Yesterday, when counters were being put in, she struggled and struggled UNTIL I let her get on the other side of me where SHE was between me and the workers, and she settled down. Pics coming soon, gotta get that plumbing hooked up, not paying another cent to those ripoff plumbers! lol

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID