Friday, August 14, 2020

Another "How Hot Is It?", Toys For Indy, LED Lights

Seems like every year we run into a HOT week, especially while we are in the Sacramento area.  Well, this is the week...and when I say the week, I mean 8 days.  Yesterday it was 102, 107 now (5 pm Friday), and the forecast is...well, pictures tell it.



And DON'T believe it when it shows possible showers...there are NO showers in sight!  Thank goodness we have this nice tree throwing shade on us, along with the neighbor's Italian Cypress.  But around 3:00 we are halfway in the sun, and as any RVer knows, the AC will only cool it so much.  The other bad thing is that the nights are not cooling into the 60's like they usually do.  Any breeze we have is coming more from the north than the cool delta breeze which comes from the west.  There is always hope for that breeze...



I have taken Indy for a ride in the car five or six times now.  Twice to PetSmart for exam and then haircut, twice to see mom, and today to see mom AND another trip to PetSmart.  She tossed up her breakfast the first three times, the last very little since I did not feed her much.  The last time she did just fine, but without breakfast...today she did fine with breakfast.  She wants to sit on my lap while I drive, but that can only happen on a few non-busy residential areas.  Saw mom first (she is doing fine and there is nice shade if you get there early enough...she looks down from her balcony as we park just below), then I found some shade when we got to PetSmart.  Got her on my lap and out the window her head went.



She sure looks like she wanted to jump down, and I think she would if given the opportunity.  "Don't worry little girl, this trip is for fun...", I tell her.  I got my new mask on, and we had fun looking over the many chew toys, tossing toys, etc. etc.


 

I got her two new toys...the red ball with all the holes, and a squeaky squirrel.



So far, it has been too hot to play...sleeping is the order of the day.  In the photo above you can see a smaller ball, that is her favorite toy.  It is called a "Nobbly Wobbly" Rubber Ball, but PetSmart did not have any.  This one is just starting to come apart...so it looks like we have another Amazon order.

 


I did change out our two living area fluorescent lights with LED lights.  I did not take pictures, but I did use a video as a guide.  Once I understood what I was doing, it only took about ten minutes per fixture to change out...and we LOVE the brighter light that it provides.  Below is a link to one of the videos I watched.  Essentially it was cutting a few wires, removing that circuit board, connect a few wires and insert the LED lights.  



Back on July 7th I did a online order with the USGS for a National Park Senior Pass.  On July 30th I called and the nice lady told me that they were processing July 1st orders, so it would be another week or so.  Well, I called today and a different nice lady, after having a few "Oh No" and "I can't believe this..." type of conversation with herself told me that there was a mess up with the order...a mess up which many others have faced too...and that she was going to FedEx through two day shipping a card to us...but being Friday, it was too late for FedEx so she "HOPES" it ships Monday, and we should get it Wednesday or Thursday.  "IF" I don't get a shipping confirmation email by Wednesday, I need to call back.  Our fingers are crossed.  Truckee has temps in the mid-80's, with mid-40's at night, and it would have been nice to be up there this next week.


2 comments:

  1. That is too funny ... the picture of Indy laying with the squirrel!! She certainly does look like she's about to take a flying leap out the window. So cool you can change out those lights. Lucky for me, mine came with LED's!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had I known how easy it was to change them to LED, I would have done it years ago! I needed four florescent lights, so changing the two fixtures to LED only cost an extra $15 or so.

      Indy has sure brought joy to my/our lives, that is for sure. Bubba just is not a lap dog, nor much of a loving dog, compared to Skruffy and now Indy. Poor Bubba is getting so old...hard to get up from bed each day.

      Right now (1:00 pm) it is equally as hot in Tucson and Atwater...both of which are 5 degrees cooler than it is here in Citrus Heights!

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID