Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Settling In -- (Mom, I am BOILING)

Home in Holiday / Tarpon Springs area, FL

Moving In from motorhome

Ok, moving from the motorhome to the condo isn’t as bad as moving from one home to another…but it is an ordeal, that’s for sure.  For the most part, we feel settled in.  On the way to church tonight we stopped by the motorhome to pick up a fan (I like it cooler than Marcia) and the water measurer for Marcia’s hard boiled egg maker (Christmas gift last year from sister Patti..and Marcia loves it.  Hamilton Beach 25500 Egg Cooker with Built-In Timer

Amazon Delivery

Part of settling in has to include a trip to Sam’s Club, Publix, and orders from Amazon.  The thing about Amazon…you make one order, but they might break it up into multiple delivery orders.  Today, three orders came by Amazon Van, the other via USPS.  The thing about Amazon Van Deliveries…

Amazon Delivery

As they get closer to your place, they will tell you how many stops away your are.  Under the “Arriving today…” message, it says, “The driver is currently 7 stops away”, and the green dot shows you where the van is…which in this case, is about a mile away from us.

Amazon Delivery

Now they were only two stops away…

Amazon Delivery

…and just a little bit later, “…the driver is on the way to you.”   So I stepped outside, waited for the van to pull up, and took the delivery right from the van.  Now you don’t have to reload the computer screen…it will automatically update for you.  Now that is pretty neat.

Car Wash

Part of settling in includes emptying the HHR, and taking it over to the car wash.  Tomorrow is the day for that…as well as changing filters in the Heating/Air System here at the condo.  I just hope that I can get myself motivated to clear out the car before it gets too hot. 

As for the “Mom, I am BOILING” in the title…she gets it, and I will fill in the details for you.  When I was young, old enough to where I HAD to wear a tie to church (don’t know why anyone would ever come up with something as stupid as a TIE…it does NOTHING…too thin to be used as a napkin at dinner time, too short for a tall person, too long for a short person, too thin to cover a big belly, and TOO TIGHT around the neck, even if you don’t button your top button!!!)  Anyway, when church was over, I would have my tie off before I got out the chapel’s doors, would have my shirt unbuttoned before I got down the stairs, and the shirt was off before I exited the church building.  And on the ride home, I would always say, “Mom, I am boiling!!!!”, as if she could magically produce an air conditioner…because in my youth, an air conditioner for a car was four rolled down windows.  Air conditioning in a house was a swamp cooler or a swimming pool.  During the summer, when it was real hot on those nights that the delta breeze did not blow through to Sacramento, we would sleep out in the backyard.  I don't know HOW I would have ever survived living in Florida during the summer without A/C...

6 comments:

  1. Too funny ... yup I remember all those ties and SUITS in church!! Wasn't I glad when they lowered the standards and levis became appropriate! LOL
    Sorry for the heat ... I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, God...a TIE. Try wearing a girdle, bra, hat, gloves, and nylons with NO ac or swamp cooler and only one of those funeral home fans to stir a faint breeze and maybe I’ll give you some sympathy. Now THAT is an “I’m BOILING, Mom, moment...ask your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...but WHY did women invent TIES? Just to get even??? (Ok, maybe a women did not invent it...but a woman enforced it, at least at church....sorry mom)

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID