Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Month long family visit over – on the road again

We arrived in the Sacramento Area on August 19th…this evening, with tears in Bubba’s eyes, we left and started our trek up the Sierra’s on I-80.  Yes, Bubba loves his Uncle Arny and Aunt Sandy so much that he really had tears in his eyes.  Can’t capture that on camera, but I felt the tears on his furry little face.

We got a lot done during our 33 day visit (if I counted right).  Fix everything that broke down on the Alaska trip, saw my parents numerous times, and my two sisters and one brother-in-law, saw  both of my brothers who live in the area, and made the trek to the Bay Area to visit my oldest son and his girl friend, another trek with mom and dad and Marcia to visit mom’s sister and husband down by Modesto, and Marcia and I even went to Tracy to meet up with friends from back home who were out visiting their daughter.

As always, there is never enough time to see everyone…we did not find the time to visit with Aunt Flo, who has her hands full taking care of her mother who, at 90+ just moved in with her, and I did not get to see any of my friends from when I lived her some 30 years ago.  But, we will be back…probably next spring.

Now it is off to Salt Lake City to see my daughter, then Phoenix to visit a good friend of Marcia’s, then Kansas City are to visit my youngest son and hopefully some cousins and an Aunt and perhaps even a Niece this time.  From there we are off to Arkansas to visit some of Marcia’s family, some mutual friends, and the big yearly physical exam.  So it is a long way to Florida…especially the route we are taking.  And I have not even looked to see how many miles we have driven since we left Florida back in March…but since it has been three oil changes, that means a minimum of 15K miles.  Oh my…that’s a long drive!  Open-mouthed smile

6 comments:

  1. And I thought you guys had been resting up after your trip to Alaska and back!
    Have a good time on your long, round-about-way back to Florida. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. After all that peaceful time in Alaska, except for that time period Skruffy was ill, it was a hectic month for sure.

      Delete
  2. Safe travels ... maybe we'll meet up in Washington again next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering where and when you will be in Florida. We have a NOMADS project in Cassleberry (near Orlando) in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a condo near Tarpon Springs that we winter at. Will be there mid-October to early March this winter.

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID