Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Mom’s Having Another Birthday

At my sister’s house in Citrus Heights

The birthday girl

Mom actually has her birthday on Wednesday…but we got together for Liver and Onions on Sunday to celebrate, since Sandy and Patti still work, making weekends much better for these events.

Mom and Dad ready to eat

The table is set, and time to sit down.  What is that over there by dad you might wonder?

Steaks for Dad and I

Now that’s my kind of Liver and Onions!  You see…dad and I don’t do Liver, so Arny cooks us up some Ribeye Steaks…that big thick one, that was mine, and it was SO GOOD!

Liver and Onions, Potatoes and Yams

There is the Liver and Onions…along with potatoes and yams (had to open the foil to see which one you got), salad, and Marcia and I had whipped cauliflower that Marcia does so well, and which is on our diet. 

Great Birthday Meal

Here are the others…that is the back of Marcia’s head, next to her is Patti, then Sandy, then Euleda (Arny’s mom who is 95), Arny, and Patti’s daughter Ashley.  You can see the Liver is nearly gone!

Low Carb Dessert

I missed a picture of the cake…but I did get a picture of Marcia and my low carb dessert.  That is a Atkins Brownie (2 net carbs) with Atkins Chocolate Covered Almonds (1 net carb since we shared a bag) and Halo Ice Cream (4 net carbs).  Mom’s cake was Lemon Bundt Cake, with Icing….about a zillion carbs.  On Wednesday, Marcia and I will be taking mom and dad out to breakfast, and that evening dad will take mom out to dinner using Lyft.

Skruffy with Charlie and 'flying' Parker     Bubba

Patti brought her dogs over for the birthday celebration too.  That is Parker up in the air, Charlie is next to Skruffy…Bubba was inside, so I tossed in this picture I took just before his haircut the other day.
 
So there were four things we came out to California especially for this year….dad’s 90th, mom’s 88th, their 70th anniversary, and my son’s wedding.  Essentially, two of these are done, two more to go…what a year!

Yellow Roses outside the motorhome     Red Roses outside the motorhome
One of many squirrels     Birds at the feeder
Mallard Ducks

Spring is definitely here in Northern California.  Good rain has brightened up all the lawns and flowers, the critters are out, and this year these two ducks have shown up nearly every day we have been here.  Got to watch out when the dogs go outside, that male Mallard has a bum leg and is just a bit slow getting into the air…but so far, no incidents.

Next Monday Marcia and I are going on a 25 day trip…which I will blog about next time…along with showing our newest change to the inside of the motorhome, which is currently a work in progress….


7 comments:

  1. Hasn't the weather been spectacular? Love the critter pictures. Liver and onions was always on our menu, but only calves liver. It's much more mild tasting. I've been slacking on the diet ... guess I better get back in the swing of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diets are so much easier to stay on when one is not working Bingo and cooking for good causes as you have been doing. Our family understands our eating particulars, and when we all get together, or go out to eat, it is easier to conform to those situations. Now passing up on the lemon cake was a bit hard...but our little dessert made it much easier.

      Delete
  2. Looks like everyone had a good time! The picture of your mom is really nice. And your mom and dad are color coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not notice the color coordination, but you are right...just lucky I think. :)

      Delete
  3. Love liver & onions and ribeye steaks. I don't eat any other kind of steak but ribeye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister, I am told, makes a heck of a liver and onion dish...what I do know is, my brother-in-law cooks up a mean BBQ, and that Ribeye was a perfect medium rare.

      Delete
    2. Have a Happy Birthday, Mom, and many, many more.

      Delete

We love to hear comments from our readers. All comments are moderated by Dave before added to the website. Spam, advertisers and rude comments are deleted, and due to high spam attempts, Anonymous Users cannot post, sorry....register for a Google ID, it is free and it is easy. Go to: Get Google ID